SSC Bankers Adda Current affairs for SSC CGL and CHSL 2017 very beneficial current affairs updates for Bank exams 2017 all aspirants are suggested to follow our daily current affairs 2017.
- A Digital Investigation Training and Analysis Centre (DITAC) has been set up in Gurugram, Haryana. It aimed at improving the capabilities of Haryana Police in solving cyber crime cases.
- Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar was sworn in as the 44th Chief Justice of India (CJI). He will retire from his office on 27 August 2017.
- Air Marshal SB Deo taking over as Vice Chief of the Air Staff (VCAS) at the Air Headquarters (Vayu Bhawan) on January 2, 2017.
- The Reserve Bank of India has appointed Surekha Marandi as its Executive Director (ED) in place of U S Paliwal, who retired on December 31 last year.
- Shri Sanjiv Ranjan (IFS: 1993), presently Ambassador of India to Argentina, has been concurrently accredited as the Ambassador of India to the Oriental Republic of Uruguay, with residence in Buenos Aires (Argentina).
- Incumbent Chief Minister and former Congress rebel Pema Khandu and six other lawmakers were suspended from the People’s Party of Arunachal (PPA) for allegedly breaking party discipline.
- HDFC has tied-up with artificial intelligence firm Niki.ai to launch a chatbotcalled OnChat on Facebook’s Messenger platform, that will allow users to recharge phones, pay utility bills, book cabs from Ola or Uber etc., through a chat.
- Chinese e-retail giant Alibaba, which has made investments in India’s Snapdeal and Paytm, is setting up its first office in India in Mumbai.
- After Noteban, Ajmer has topped the 5 best districts to promote cashless transactions.
- Two new Hindi writers Shraddha and Ghyansham Kumar Devansh have been chosen for Bharatiya Jnanpith 12th Navlekhan Award for the year 2016, the literary organisation announced.
- Dr Satya Narayan, an esteemed Rajasthani litterateur has been chosen to award the 26th Bihari Puraskar 2016 by the K K Birla Foundation.
- Former President of Pradesh Congress Committee (NPCC) K V Pusa passed away on 2 January 2016 following a brief illness. He was 63. He is survived by his wife, two sons and a daughter.
- The Supreme Court has removed BCCI President Anurag Thakur and Secretary Ajay Shirke from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on January 2, 2017
- Portugal’s former Prime Minister Antonio Guterres on 1 January 2017 took over as the ninth Secretary-General of the United Nations.
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the five-day annual Indian Science Congress in which city?
Answer : Tiripati
2. Name the country that recently celebrated the 13th Chitwan Elephant Festival to boost tourism?
Answer : Nepal
3. India and ______ have expressed confidence for finding a long-lasting solution to the issue of fishermen between the two countries.
a) Sri Lanka
Answer : Sri Lanka
4. Tyrus Wong, who passed away recently, was the legendary Disney artist of which country?
c) United States
d) United Kingdom
Answer : United States
5. Who has been appointed as the new chairman of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)?
a) David Syiemlieh
b) Deepak Gupta
c) Manish Dev
d) Alka Sirohi
Answer : David Syiemlieh